Gotcha, didn’t I? What is The Happiness Project? If you don’t already know, it’s a book written by Gretchen Rubin, in which the author spends a year discovering how to live a happier life. And it seems like everyone has been talking about it! Well, that’s not exactly what this post is about. But it did get me thinking about some of the things that make me happy. And I’ve been thinking about doing a “Top Ten”. So, there you have it! My “Top Ten Happy List”!
10. Kramer. He’s a poodle. But don’t tell him. He thinks he’s a real boy. Just looking at his sweet face makes me happy!
7. Running. Yep, running makes me happy. Science has proven this exercise to happiness fact. Who am I to argue with science?
6. Cooking. I love trying new recipes and cooking old family favorites. I’m especially happy when a recipe turns out well, and my family enjoys it!
5. Beaches. (And travel, in general!)Beaches make me so happy. I love the sand, the sun, the sound of the ocean waves. Calming and happy inducing.
4. Coffee. Mmmmm…. I really enjoy my coffee. Hot or iced, black, or with sugar & creamer. Coffee makes me happy!
1. If you know me, you had to be expecting this. My relationship with God makes me happy. Actually, it provides a deep, abiding joy that cannot be replaced with anyone or anything. Only God can provide the peace and freedom that lives within my soul on a minute by minute, daily basis.
So there you have it! A Top Ten Happiness List! Now I could go on to twenty or thirty. But let’s face it-you’d get bored! But hopefully this has inspired you to think about things both big and small, that make you happy! And of course, as always, I’d love to hear about them! Leave a comment to share what makes you happy today!i hope you have a happy and blessed weekend!